A new guide, published by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, provides resources to individuals seeking information on drug or alcohol addiction treatment and recovery. Once an individual recognizes that he or she has a problem with drugs or alcohol, many are uncertain what to do next. Treatment is the often the best option.
Here are a couple of questions most people ask when seeking treatment:
- How much does drug treatment cost?
- Which drug treatment programs are the best?
- Will alcohol treatment work?
- Do I have to stop drinking completely?
- Will I have to go out of state?
- Will I need to take a leave of absence from work?
- How will my co-workers react?
- Will insurance cover my treatment?
- Which is better: residential treatment or outpatient counseling?
- How long does treatment take?
- What happens after treatment?
The new publication, Seeking Drug Abuse Treatment: Know What to Ask, is an informative guide for those thinking about addiction treatment for the first time.
Not all treatment facilities are created equal. Some are better than others. This guide provides valuable knowledge that can be used to make an informed decision.