Ever have a fight about whether or not you have a drinking problem? If you have, that should be your first sign that you might have one. Here are a couple of the others:
- You’ve decided to stop drinking for a week, but cannot manage to do so.
- You regret something you may have done as a result of drinking.
- You wish people would just stop talking about your drinking.
- You envy people who can drink without getting into trouble.
- You “black out” or have difficulty remembering things you’ve done while drinking.
- You’ve done drugs or engaged in other dangerous behaviors while drinking alcohol.
- Others have noticed that you consistently seem very different when drinking (unusually happy, emotional, angry, relaxed).
Try not to get caught up in the stigma attached to alcohol abuse. No one chooses to have an alcohol problem.
You can find help here: Addiction Treatment