Our thoughts create a mental landscape, a picture of the world in which we live. Negative thoughts create a dark and scary landscape. They have a tremendous power to shape what we see around us, and what we see in the mirror. Negative thoughts can become our reality in a very pervasive way.
Positive thoughts are similarly powerful in their ability to transform our experience. But often, they are harder to come by. Many times we find positive thoughts difficult to conjure. Negative, easy. Positive, difficult. That is the experience for many of us.
That is where affirmations come into the picture. Affirmations, written or spoken, force us to focus on the positive for a period of time.
That best thing about them: you don’t have to believe them for them to work. You can fake it. If you’re not feeling positive, that’s okay. Just say the words.
If you say them often enough, they become the truth.
- Every Cell in my body vibrates with energy and health.
- Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul.
- The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful.
- I know that I deserve Love and accept it now.
- I am my own unique self – special, creative and wonderful.
- I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.
- I trust in the process of life.