It’s so easy to get to that place. We’ve all been there. Life ‘gifts’ us obstacles from all angles, leaving us feeling tired, stressed, even defeated. Let’s take a look at some steps toward balance and stress relief:
- Take a step back and evaluate the circumstances.
- What is contributing to me feeling this way?
- Is any of it in my control?
- Make a move:
- Step away to allow yourself to physically calm down.
- Distract yourself with a brisk walk, or a good book.
- Find a tool that works:
- A big belly breath is cleansing! Try deep breathing to help soothe your body and your mind.
- Visualize a safe and peaceful place.
- “Return to where your feet are” – Grounding exercises can be very helpful when we become overwhelmed with things of the past or worries of the future.
It’s so important to remember that our thoughts dictate our feelings. Work to shift your thoughts so that you can feel more at peace and less overwhelmed by the stressors that come your way.
If you are feeling overwhelmed and would like to talk to a licensed professional about strategies to help reduce your stress, contact us today to schedule an appointment! We look forward to supporting you in your time of need.